Sunday, June 6, 2010

First For Woman “Hot Man Chef” Competition


To promote Mothers Day, First For Women ran a competition for all their clients – “WIN A HOT MAN CHEF FOR A WEEK”.  Yip, you guessed it, I was the “hot” man chef – I really think I should update my pics on my website!
Upstream Advertising and Black River FC conceptualized and coordinated the competition, which was advertised countrywide. 
The winner was Johannesburg based Agnieszka Plaskocinska’s (I dare you to pronounce that after a couple of glasses of wine), who opted for a 3 course dinner for 8 people over three nights as apposed to four people over a week.   
Agnieszka and her family were an absolute pleasure to cook for – always full of compliments and gratitude.  I suppose when you are use to cooking dinner everyday after a hard days work, it becomes so habitual that you don’t even consider what it must be like to come home and just relax while dinner is prepared for you.  And I seriously doubt that many families cook a three-course dinner every day, so it was quite a nice prize if you ask me!
Some of the meals Agnieszka had cooked and served to her were:
Cauliflower and parmesan soup with truffles & croutons;  Line fish on chorizo and black olive risotto, saffron cream and crispy basil;  Tripple Lindt brownies with hazelnut cream and vanilla pod ice cream.  Each meal was paired with a local wine.

No comments: